The class in cancelled for now but will be rescheduled in the Spring
Taste French Wine like a Pro !
In this course, we'll demystify the often confusing world of French wine to help you choose and enjoy French wines with ease. Whether you're new to wine tasting or already a confirmed taster, you'll learn an effective approach that will enhance your appreciation of wine in general.
With guidance from a Franco-American sommelier, you'll awaken your senses and develop your memory of aromas and tastes as you learn an objective method of identifying the quality and aging potential of the French wines you taste. The course also covers the basics of how wine is produced, the French appellation (AOC) system, and the different French wine regions. Our sommelier will keep the atmosphere convivial, never snobby.
The course meets once a week for two hours for three weeks. You'll taste five fine French wines during each session, served along with a selection of bread, charcuterie and French cheese.
You'll learn how to:
- identify the quality and aging potential of French wines
- read and understand a French wine label
- match wine with different types of food
- conserve wines effectively
- choose and purchase wines at a restaurant or wine shop with confidence
- serve French wine so you and your guests get the most enjoyment
and much more!
1st class on December 1st
2nd class on December 8
3d class on December 15.
Maximum 10 students; $300 for AF members and students; $350 for non-members.